At 12:07 a.m. the Auburn Fire Rescue Department (AFRD) received a 911 call from a resident at 3 Washington Street lot 45 reporting a mobile home was on fire at lot 68. The resident of lot 68 escaped the fire and went across the street to call 911.
Fire crews upon arrival found the fire venting through the windows and impinging on a propane tank. The Worcester Fire Department also received the call since the location was on the Auburn/Worcester line. AFRD and Worcester Fire extinguished the blaze.
AFRD Deputy Chief Glenn Johnson said the fire went to 2 alarms and there were no injuries to civilians or firefighters. The fire is under investigation but does not appear to be suspicious.
Pictures for media use:
Deputy Chief Glenn Johnson