The State's Hazardous Materials Response Team assisted the AFRD on Monday night identifying an unknown powder substance at Wendy's located at 688 Southbridge Street.
Shortly after 6:00 p.m. the AFRD was dispatched to 688 Southbridge Street for a reported person overdosing in the bathroom. It was later reported the person was in cardiac arrest. On arrival crews treated and transported the person by ambulance to the hospital. An unknown powder substance was also found at the scene.
The State HAZMAT team along with the Board of Health were called to the scene. A mix of illegal substances were identified by the HAZMAT team. The restaurant was closed for about four hours and has since reopened. The substances were contained to a bathroom in the restaurant and not near any cooking or food prep areas. The Police are investigating the incident. No other injuries were reported.
All companies were clear of Wendy's shortly after 10:15 p.m.
Deputy Chief Glenn Johnson
Auburn Fire Rescue Department