Thursday, April 26, 2018

AFRD Responds to Structure Fire on Boyce St.

The Auburn Fire Rescue Department was dispatched at 7:31 a.m. this morning to 104 Boyce St. for a report of smoke coming from the windows and doors of the home. First arriving Police Officers on scene confirmed the smoke condition and reported that smoke was also coming from the roof.  A second alarm was struck at 7:35 a.m. bringing in off duty personnel and mutual aid to the scene.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and was quickly knocked down by the first arriving Engine Company. One of the family’s two dogs was rescued from the home and the other perished due to smoke inhalation.

Mutual aid was provided on scene by Oxford Fire-EMS and Webster EMS as well as Auburn Animal Control. Fire Companies from Leicester and Millbury covered the stations during the incident.

The fire is not suspicious and the cause has been determined to be a dishwasher that was running at the time of the fire.


For Information Contact:
Chief Stephen M. Coleman Jr.

                                                               Photos for Media Use

Monday, April 9, 2018

Shed Fire at 4 Breezy Bend Caused Damage to Mobile Home


At 12:39 a.m. the Auburn Fire Rescue Department (AFRD) received a 911 call reporting a shed on fire behind 4 Breezy Bend.  
Fire crews upon arrival found heavy fire coming from a shed behind the mobile home at 4 Breezy Bend.  The fire was quickly extinguished.          

AFRD Deputy Chief Glenn Johnson said the residents were alerted to the fire by the glow coming from their backyard.  They evacuated the home and called 911.  There were no injuries to civilians or firefighters. An additional shed and one mobile home was damaged f
rom the fire.  There was no fire extension into the mobile home.  Deputy Johnson said the fire is under investigation.    

Pictures for media use.

Deputy Chief Glenn Johnson
Auburn Fire Rescue Department
Media Relations