At 2:06 AM the Auburn Fire Rescue Department received a 911 call from a resident at 85 South Street reporting smoke in his home. The resident was convinced that the smoke was coming from a neighboring structure. Fire crews upon arrival of the area found the fire to be at 500 Washington Street Tiny Tim's Cafe.
The first engine that arrived forced the door to the restaurant and quickly extinguished the fire in the kitchen. Assistant Chief Glenn Johnson said "Crews extinguished the fire before the kitchen's fire suppression system went off. Thanks to the quick response the restaurant will be able to open today as scheduled."
Auburn Fire Rescue Assistant Chief Glenn Johnson said the fire went to 2 alarms and there were no injuries to civilians or firefighters. At the time of the fire the restaurant was not open or in operation. Both the Board of Health and the Wiring Inspector were called to the scene. The fire was contained to the kitchen and is not suspicious.
ContactAsst. Chief Glenn Johnson