Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Gas Grill and Deck Fire at 16 Sunrise Ave.


The Auburn Fire-Rescue Department was called to 16 Sunrise Avenue at 6:32 P.M. for a reported gas grill and deck on fire.  Crews arrived on scene to find a gas grill fully engulfed in flames.  Fire did extend to the deck and was partially extinguished by the Auburn Police Department prior to the arrival of the AFRD.  The home sustained minor heat damage to the exterior siding and the AFRD extinguished the fire keeping it from extending inside the home.  No injuries were reported.    

Please remember to clean your gas grill regularly and keep it away from the house when cooking.  

Pictures for media use.

Asst. Chief Glenn Johnson