Sunday, February 14, 2016

Plumbers Torch Causes Fire on Manor Rd.

A plumber’s torch thawing a frozen pipe caused a small fire at 34 Manor Rd. this afternoon. The fire was reported at 1:45 p.m.

The AFRD arrived to find the fire had been extinguished by the home owner with a kitchen fire extinguisher. Fire crews searched for hidden fire in the walls and ventilated and metered the home before the occupants returned.

All fire companies were back in the station at 2:30 p.m.

For additional information contact:

Chief Stephen M. Coleman Jr.