Friday, April 8, 2016

Building Fire at 163 Washington Street


The Auburn Fire Rescue Department at 8:31 P.M. responded to 163 Washington Street, Lundgren Honda for a reported carbon monoxide alarm.  The first arriving engine company upon investigation, reported a fire in the utility room.      

According to Auburn Fire Rescue's Assistant Chief Glenn Johnson the carbon monoxide build up from the fire set off the monitored alarm system, which notified the fire department.  Crews extinguished the fire and vented the building.  The fire was contained to an oil burner in the utility room.    

Fire Departments from Oxford and Leicester covered Auburn's stations during the fire.  There were no injuries at the scene.  All companies were clear of the scene at 10:00 P.M.  Please remember if your carbon monoxide alarms sound, leave the building and call 911.  

Asst. Chief Glenn Johnson