Friday, May 26, 2017

Fire Strikes Jasmine's Restaurant


At 3:20 PM the Auburn Fire Rescue Department responded to 711 Southbridge Street for an activated fire alarm.  Deputy Chief Glenn Johnson arrived on scene reporting smoke coming from the roof over Jasmine's restaurant.  The smoke was caused by a fire in the kitchen.    

Deputy Chief Glenn Johnson said "the restaurant was in full operation when the fire department arrived and partially evacuated with fire alarms sounding.  Fire department crews quickly evacuated the building and extinguished the fire."    

There were no injuries to civilians or firefighters.  The Board of Health was called to the scene.  At this time the fire is under investigation but does not appear to be suspicious.      

Pictures for media use.

Deputy Fire Chief Glenn Johnson