Saturday, December 9, 2017

Fire Strikes Home at 230 Leicester Street


At 3:15 a.m. the Auburn Fire Rescue Department (AFRD) received a 911 call from a resident at 230 Leicester Street reporting their home was on fire and fire was coming through the roof.  The two residents of the two family home escaped the fire without injury.  
Fire crews upon arrival found heavy fire venting through the front living room window.        

AFRD Deputy Chief Glenn Johnson said the residents were alerted to the fire by their smoke detectors, which allowed them time to get out safely.  This situation is a great example of the importance of working smoke detectors in homes.  Without working smoke detectors in this home the outcome could have been fatal.  Smoke detectors save lives.  

The fire went to 3 alarms and there were no injuries to civilians or firefighters. Deputy Johnson said the fire is under investigation but does not appear to be suspicious.  The two residents were displaced from their home and will be staying with friends.  

Pictures for media use.

Deputy Chief Glenn Johnson
Auburn Fire Rescue Department
Media Relations